Heavenly White Chocolate and Nutella Blondies
Blondies? What are blondies you may ask? Blondies are basically brownies without the dark chocolate – instead they rely on the softness of brown sugar and the yumminess of white chocolate! I actually prefer them to traditional brownies… especially when paired with Nutella. This recipe is a result of mixing and adapting several blondie recipes over the past few years. I love it, and I hope you do too!
Gooey White Chocolate and Nutella Blondies Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
- 110g unsalted butter, melted
- 120g light brown sugar
- 125g plain flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g white chocolate chips (store-bought or chopped by you!)
- 100g Nutella, melted
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a brownie pan with butter.
2. In a big bowl, mix the melted butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
3. Add the flour and stir until combined. Stir in the white chocolate chips.
4. Pour the batter into the brownie pan and smooth out the top with a knife or spatula.
5. Now for the fun part! Lightly drizzle the melted Nutella over the top of the brownies, making 4 or 5 evenly spaced lines each spanning the length of the pan. Then create a marbled effect with a knife or better yet a chopstick, by swirling it around the mixture in a zig-zag fashion, horizontally then vertically. Perfect your pattern until you’re happy with it!
6. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Let them cool, and enjoy!