One Easy Recipe, Three Types of Cookies!
I got this cookie recipe from a friend a while back and to this day, I still think it makes the most delicious cookies. It’s also incredibly quick and easy! Although the original recipe was just for chocolate chip cookies, I decided to mix things up a bit and make three different types of cookies – all with one recipe! Read on for a super quick recipe for chocolate chip, pure chocolate and peanut butter cookies, all in one!
One Easy Cookie Recipe – Three Delicious Types of Cookies!
Prep time: about 20 minutes.
Makes 12 cookies, 4 of each type.
- 200g plain flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 125g softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 50g chocolate (milk or dark), chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C. In a big bowl, mix the flour, sugar and salt.
2. Cut the softened (softened at room temperature, not melted!) butter into cubes, and add to the dry mix along with the egg. Mix with your hands (this will get messy but it’s the best way to do it!).
3. Once you have a good consistency – i.e. doesn’t stick too much to the hands and isn’t runny – split into three smaller bowls.
4. In one bowl, add the cocoa powder and mix again, with your hands. Repeat the process with the peanut butter and chopped chocolate in the other two bowls.
5. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Make small balls of dough with your hands (a bit smaller than a golf ball) and lay out on the tray, making sure not to put them too close to one another. You may need to do two batches.
6. Bake in the oven for 11 minutes then leave on a rack to cool a bit before indulging!