Easy & Healthy Dinner Salad
The fiancé and I have been eating loads lately so last night we decided to make something light – salad for dinner! We threw together everything we had in the fridge and it actually turned out pretty delicious. So I tried to remember everything we put it in, here’s the recipe!
Easy Egg & Chicken Salad
Prep: 15 min
- 1 gem lettuce
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 small chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- Olive oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- White wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
1. Cut the chicken breasts into small bite-size pieces and cook them in a pan slowly.
2. Meanwhile, poach the eggs. Boil water in a pan and add 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar (no salt!). Crack 1 egg into a small ramekin dish. With a wooden spoon, twirl your water until you create a “whirlpool” in your water, then place your egg in the middle. Wait 3 minutes, and it’s done! Lift it out of the water slowly with a ladle and leave it on a plate for now. Repeat the process for the second egg.
3. Your chicken should be ready too, so set the eggs and chicken aside.
4. Chop the red onion and avocado into tiny bits and the cherry tomatoes in half. Tear the lettuce.
5. In a salad bowl, pour 4 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, add salt and pepper. Mix the dressing, then add the onion, tomatoes, avocado, lettuce and chicken. Mix well!
6. Serve the salad into two soup plates or shallow bowls, and put the poached eggs on top!