Brand Post #2: The Body Shop
Today’s post is the second entry in my new feature: Brand Posts. After my first spotlight post about Barry M nail polishes, I am now turning to another brand that I love: The Body Shop! For years now I’ve had loads of Body Shop products, some which I repurchase regularly as well as new releases.
– It’s international! I’ve lived in Bath, London, Nice, Paris and many other cities, and fortunately I’ve always had a Body Shop store nearby.
– The yummy smells! It’s got so many fruity ranges which smell amazing (my favorites being blueberry and mango) as well as other delicious scents like cocoa and shea butter. It’s always such a pleasure to use their shower gels and body butters.
– Its Vitamin E skincare range – it’s perfect for my skin. I’ve used the moisturiser, face wash and scrub and I love them all. I also love its Tea Tree Oil range – though I don’t have a lot of skin problems, whenever I have a blemish, tea tree oil takes care of them right away!
– Its stand against animal testing since its inception. More and more brands are now boycotting animal testing and The Body Shop was amongst the firsts to do it. It also supports community fair trade by purchasing most of its raw materials from ethical local sources.
– Its product sizes: most of its best-sellers come in mini, normal and large sizes, perfect to store in your bathroom or carry around in your purse.
– The “Love Your Body” loyalty card – 10% off all purchases for a year! I also get regular emails with offers and discounts from The Body Shop but unlike other brands they’re actually targeted and really interesting!
My Body Shop Collection
Shea Sugar Body Scrub (200ml)
This is now my all-time favorite body scrub! It even featured in my May Favorites. It smells SO GOOD (I cannot stress how good it smells), it’s got large grains that don’t hurt but do the job, and it leaves skin super soft. I will definitely be purchasing this again when it’s empty (soon!).
Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-Oil (28ml) // Vitamin E Gentle Facial Wash (100ml)
These are the two Vitamin E products I currently own and use on an (almost) daily basis. The face wash is very gentle and removes makeup brilliantly. The serum-in-oil features in my March Favorites – it’s very lightweight and super hydrating.
Almond HandCream (30ml) // Absinthe Purifying Hand Gel (60ml) // Absinthe Purifying Hand Cream (30 ml)
I always have hand gel in my bag, to clean my hands regularly throughout the day. This Absinthe one was a gift from my little sister and I love it! It smells very fresh and leaves hands feeling clean. I also carry around hand cream with me, as there’s nothing I hate more than dry hands (except dry lips!). These two are quite different: the Almond one is super nourishing and smells very rich, while the Absinthe one leaves hands feeling fresh and purified although it is also nourishing as it contains shea butter.
Stay tuned for more brand posts! What are your favorite brands?