White Chocolate & Raspberry Muffins
Over the weekend I realised I had plenty of frozen raspberries left over from my Coffee & Raspberry Cake I made a while back. I was in the mood for summer flavors so I decided to use them up in another lovely raspberry recipe! I’ve always been a huge fan of white chocolate so I decided to throw that into the mix too.
The result was delicious! The sweetness of the chocolate was perfectly complemented by the bitterness of the raspberries. If you’re a fan of white chocolate too, you’ll love this recipe: I used chocolate chunks as well as melted chocolate in the mixture!
Raspberry & White Chocolate Chunk Muffins
Prep time: 40 minutes
- 300g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 150g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200ml milk
- 50g butter
- 100g (frozen) raspberries
- 150g white chocolate
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C. If they were frozen, make sure your raspberries are defrosted before you start!
2. Cut the raspberries in half (gently!) and chop 100g of your white chocolate into small chunks.
3. In a bowl, stir the flour, baking powder and sugar. Set aside for now.
4. Melt the butter and the remaining 50g of white chocolate in the microwave. Once melted, add in the egg, vanilla extract and milk.
5. Slowly stir the dry mixture into the liquid mixture. Fold in the raspberries and chopped chocolate.
6. Pour into a lined muffin tray and bake for 20 minutes!