Banana and Honey Cake
Simple yoghurt cake is one of my favorite cakes to make. Super quick, very easy, and always delicious! Sometimes though I do like to add other ingredients to it, mainly what I have lying around the kitchen: chocolate chips, blueberries, apples… Today it was extremely ripe bananas which would have gone to waste otherwise! It’s always better to use very ripe, almost black bananas for baking as it adds a lot of flavour. The fiancé had also recently bought set honey which I decided to use a little bit of to add some extra moistness!
Recipe for a Banana & Honey Cake with a Yoghurt Base
Prep time: 35 minutes
- 1 plain yoghurt (its empty container will serve as a measurement unit, which I will call yog.)
- 1 1/2 yog. sugar
- 3 yog. flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp honey
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a rectangular or round cake mould with baking paper.
2. In a bowl, empty the yoghurt and use that container to add the sugar. Mix the two.
3. Add the eggs and then incorporate the flour and baking soda.
4. Add the honey and mix well.
5. Slice up your bananas pretty thin and add them to the mixture, making sure they’re evenly distributed throughout.
6. Pour into your mould and bake for 25-30 minutes, until a knife (not inserted into a banana!) comes out clean.