Coca Cola Chicken Recipe
I knew about Coca Cola cake (which my amazing roommate in Berlin had made for me on my 22nd birthday), but I’d never heard about Coca Cola chicken! I discovered this recipe in a French book entitled “Our Childhood Products in 60 Recipes”, containing recipe ideas with Nutella, Nestlé condensed milk, and a bunch of other yummy childhood favorites including Coca Cola. So we made it last week, and it was delicious! Here is the slightly tweaked recipe.
Lemon and Coca Cola Chicken Recipe
Prep time: 4 hours marinade + 1:15 hours in the oven
- 2 large chicken legs
- 25cl Coca-Cola (not Light or Zero!)
- 2 lemons
- 20g fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 5g fleur de sel
1. Press your two lemons. Then prepare your marinade: lay the chicken out in a deep pan and cover the two legs with lemon juice and sprinkle with fleur de sel. Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge for four hours.
2. When the four hours are up, preheat your oven to 150°C. Take your chicken out of the fridge and pour the marinade into a bowl. Add the same volume of water.
3. Put your chicken in the oven, pouring a little bit of the marinade mix on top every 5 minutes for 30 minutes. Then up the temperature to 200°C and pour a little bit of Coca Cola on top every 5 minutes for 45 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, peel and chop the ginger and garlic. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the two. Set aside.
5. Take the chicken out of the oven. Deglaze the cooking juices with the two vinegars in the same pan containing the ginger and garlic. Drain and pour on top of the chicken. Serve with fries!