Dangerously Delicious Oreo Cupcakes
I adore Oreos. They feature in all my favorite deserts, like these Oreo Cupcakes! This recipe is incredibly easy to make, features standard cupboard staples and will delight everyone.
Delicious Oreo Cupcakes and Cream Cheese Frosting
Prep time: 30min
Ingredients for the Cupcakes:
- 120g butter (softened)
- 60g white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 120ml milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 80g flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 60g cocoa powder
- 8 Oreos
Ingredients for the Frosting:
- 150g icing sugar
- 70g butter (softened)
- 150g Philadelphia cream cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Oreos
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and lay out cupcake liners in a cupcake tray. In a bowl, mix the butter and the sugar with an electric whisk, until well blended.
2. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract. Then add in the flour and baking soda little by little, mixing well after each addition. Do the same with the cocoa powder.
3. Mix in the milk slowly, being careful not to splash your entire kitchen! Once you’re done he mixture should be a light brown color and quite airy.
4. Break your Oreos into small pieces and incorporate them into the mixture with a wooden spoon.
5. Spoon the mixture into your cupcake liners until about 3/4 full. Bake for 20 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
6. During these 20 minutes, make the frosting! Mix the butter and Philadelphia cheese together for about 3 minutes with the electric whisk until smooth.
7. Add in the vanilla extract and then mix in the icing sugar slowly. Keep adding until you get your desired consistency. Then break your Oreos up into the tiniest pieces you can and add them in. Mix for another 2 minutes.
8. Wait until your cupcakes have cooled then spread the frosting on top and decorate with Mini Oreos or full-sized Oreos chopped in half!