The Fiancé’s Lemon Cake Recipe
The fiancé got bored today and decided to try his hand at baking. Of course, he refuses to follow recipes, so he made up his own Lemon Cake recipe. Gotta say, the result was pretty delicious !
The Fiancé’s Original Lemon Cake Recipe
Serves : 6
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 25 minutes
- 3 eggs
- 1 lemon
- 100g caster sugar
- 80g brown sugar
- 225g self-raising flour
- 200g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C.
2. Zest and press the lemon.
3. Separate your egg whites from the yolks.
4. Mix the butter, sugar and egg yolks until blended, then add the lemon juice and zest. Fold in the flour gradually.
5. Beat your egg whites until stiff, and incorporate them gently into the mixture, making sure not to break them !
6. Pour into a greased pan, and bake for 20-25 minutes.
7. Wait until cool, then sprinkle with icing sugar and serve !