Super Easy and Delicious Marble Cake
I think marble cake may be my favorite cake in the entire world. And lucky for me, it also happens to be extremely easy and fun to make! Here’s the best recipe I’ve found, tweaked from the BBC Good Food’s version. Enjoy!
Delicious Marble Cake Recipe
Prep time: 15 min
- 225g butter (softened)
- 225g brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 225g self-raising flour
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
1. Heat oven to 180° C, grease a fairly big cake tin and line the bottom with a circle of greaseproof paper.
2. In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until smooth. Then add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
3. Fold through the flour, then add in the milk and vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth.
4. Divide the mixture between 2 bowls and stir the cocoa powder into one of them.
5. Now for the fun part. Take 2 tablespoons and use them to dollop the chocolate and vanilla mixes into the tin alternately. Make sure your entire tin is marbled!
6. When all the mixture has been used up, shake the tin gently and tap the bottom on your work surface to ensure that there aren’t any air bubbles and the surface is even. Then take a toothpick and swirl it around the mixture in the tin to create a pretty marbled effect. I like to draw long squiggly lines horizontally then vertically across the tin.
6. Bake the cake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Wait until it cools, then serve with vanilla ice cream!