Cookie Dough Cupcakes Recipe
I had been seeing loads of drool-inducing pictures of Cookie Dough Cupcakes on my Pinterest feed, until I decided enough was enough – they looked so delicious I had to make them! Turns out it was quite a success, they really are as yummy as they look. Here is my tweaked version of the classic recipe (less utensils needed!).
Delicious Cookie Dough Cupcakes
Prep time: 3 hours overall (with a 2 hour break)
- 100g flour
- 55g butter (softened)
- 25g white sugar
- 55g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 5ml vanilla extract
- 85g miniature chocolate chips
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 box of traditional yellow cake mix (+ its required ingredients)
1. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt, and set aside for now.
2. Cut the butter up into small chunks, and put it in a large bowl along with the white and brown sugar. Mix well with your hands until smooth. This is the fun part! Then mix in the flour mixture and fold in the chocolate chips.
3. Form the dough into tablespoon-sized balls with your hands, and place them in the freezer (I put them in a Tupperware to do this, but you can place them on a baking tray if your freezer is big enough!). Mine took about two hours in the freezer to be ready.
4. Preheat the oven to 175° C and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
5. Make the yellow cake mix as per the instructions on the box and spoon it into the cups, filling each 2/3 full. Then place a frozen cookie dough ball on the top center of each cupcake. As it bakes, the cake mix will cover the entire cookie dough ball, making it a yummy surprise at the center at the cupcake!