Brookies a.k.a. Heaven on Earth
This weekend in London, the fiancé and I enjoyed a delicious lunch at my sister-in-law’s. Her desert stole the show… she made brookies! Definition: half cookie, half brownie, 100% heavenly. Here is the recipe she used.
Serves : 8. Prep time : 20 min. Baking time : 20 min.
Brownie ingredients :
- 125g dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 125g caster sugar
- 75g salted butter
- 75g flour
Cookie ingredients :
- 165g flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 135g brown sugar
- 120g salted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 100g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C and butter the sides of a rectangular pan.
- Make the brownie batter : melt the chocolate and butter together, then add the sugar and mix well. Add in the eggs one by one, followed by the flour. Pour the batter into the pan and even out the surface.
- Then make the cookie batter : mix the butter and sugar together with an electric whisk, then add the egg and mix well. Sift the flour and baking soda, and add to the batter. Finally add the chocolate chips!
- Put big chunks of the cookie batter on top of the brownie batter.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 min. Insert a knife to check, but it shouldn’t cut out completely clean!
- Wait for it to cool completely (this is the hardest bit), then serve with vanilla ice cream and/or custard and ENJOY!