Divergent Meets Harry Potter
I am currently rereading Insurgent by Veronica Roth, before Allegiant comes out next week. It got me really thinking about their faction system, and I realised that it was actually pretty similar to the Hogwarts Houses! Which led to this fun game: mix and matching characters form the two universes to factions and houses. Here are my results, feel free to disagree!
In the Divergent world:
- Amity (value peacefulness) : Professor Slughorn, who preferred staying on cordial terms with students from all houses, and took some convincing to act when conflict arose.
- Erudite (value intelligence) : Hermione Granger, the brightest witch of her generation.
- Dauntless (value bravery) : Sirius Black, reckless and a bit crazy, but extremely brave when he needs to be.
- Abnegation (value selflessness) : Dobby, who did everything in his power to help his friends and never asked for anything in return.
- Candor (value honesty) : Mad Eye Moody, always one to speak his mind.
In the Harry Potter world:
- Hufflepuff (value loyalty) : Nathalie Prior, who loved her daughter just as much after she left her faction, and was willing to die to protect her.
- Gryffindor (value bravery) : Tris Prior, who is at her bravest when she is protecting others.
- Slytherin (value ambition) : Peter, who was desperate to rank first in initiation, and joined Erudite as soon as he had the chance.
- Ravenclaw (value intelligence) : Caleb Prior, who is extremely intelligent and curious about everything.